The Ohio Tobacco Quit Line is available to all Ohioans. Call 1-800-Quit-Now to speak to a coach now.
- More Americans have died from smoking than in all the wars the United States has fought.
- Nicotine is a drug that is as addictive as cocaine and heroin
- Cigarette smoke has more than 7,000 chemicals in it
- If you don’t start as a teen, chances are you’ll never smoke
- Nearly half of all smokers who keep smoking will die from tobacco use
- Smokeless tobacco causes cancer of the mouth, tongue, throat, stomach and pancreas
- If they could do it over, 70 percent of young people who smoke say they would not have started
SECONDHAND SMOKE FACTS
- Secondhand smoke is what smokers breathe out
- Secondhand smoke contains cancer-causing chemicals
- Smoke from the end of a cigarette has more toxins than smoke exhaled by the smoker
- Each year, more than 3,000 nonsmokers die from lung cancer caused by secondhand smoke
- Secondhand smoke is especially harmful to children
- Secondhand smoke can make asthma worse
- NO AMOUNT OF SECONDHAND SMOKE IS SAFE